LeEco Le 2 Review, Pros, Cons and Specification
Summary of LeEco Le 2 Review
The Le 2 smartphone of LeEco (formerly LeTV), which we have reviewed, is also a popular handset among the companies as it’s an attempt to gain market share at one of the most competitive price segments. LeEco (formerly known as LeTV) manufacturers smartphones, entertainment platforms, set-top boxes, and smart TVs. LeEco became one of the Chinese smartphone manufacturer to arrive in Indian market and announced its entry into the country in 2015.
LeEco Le 2 directly in race with two widely popular smartphones – Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and Moto G4 and here is how it performs. Let’s look deep into take full review of LeEco Le 2.
Introduction: LeEco Le 2 smartphone
LeEco Le 2 smartphone was came in the market in April 2016. The phone installed with a 5.50-inch touchscreen display which’s resolution is 1080 x 1920 pixels at the expansion of 403 pixels per inch. “LeEco Le 2” price in India starts from INR 11,999.
The LeEco Le 2 is motorized by 1.8GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 processor and 3GB of RAM. The phone packs has 32GB of internal storage, but it is non expanded. The LeEco Le 2 handled by Android 6.0.1 and is powered by 3000MAh battery. It’s measurement is 151.10 x 74.20 x 7.50 (height x width x thickness) and weight 153 grams.
The LeEco Le 2 is a dual SIM smartphone that accepts Nano-SIM only. Connectivity options are Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, Infrared, USB OTG, 3G and 4G. Sensors in this phone include Compass Magnetometer, Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor and Gyroscope.
Appearance and Design of LeEco Le 2 smartphone
LeEco’s design styles hasn’t evolved much in the past two months. The 2nd generation Le smartphone is identical to its precursor and only brings very few changes to the table. The camera sensor is now shifted to centre in this phone and is now much larger in size compared to the Le Eco Le 1. The fingerprint sensor has also been revamped and is now in a square design.
The biggest factor is the lack of a 3.5mm headphone jack. As per the company has developed its own pattern for digital audio is CDLA (Continual Digital Lossless Audio). LeEco claims that when joint with the company’s CDLA earphones, the LeEco offers the best-in-class audio quality. We checked the earphones and the audio quality, it is really good. The sound is crystal clear, pleasantly loud but a bit light on bass.
Features Specification of LeEco Le 2 smartphone.
- Display: 5.5 inch Full HD (1920×1080)
- OS: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with EUI 5.6
- CPU processor: 1.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 octa-core SoC, 3GB
- Storage: 32GB storage
- Cameras: 16MP rear camera (dual-tone LED flash), and 8MP f/2.2 front camera
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, 3G/4G/2G, GPS, Bluetooth, USB Type C charging port, USB OTG
- Battery: 3,000mAh, Non-removable
- Weight: 153 grams
Hardware Specification: –
- The Le 2 is the first smartphone in India launched with the new Snapdragon 652. Its an Octa-core processor clocked at 1.8 GHz matching up with 3GB of RAM to handle the multitasking. The company declares that the Snapdragon 652 CPU is the world’s most prevailing octa-core CPU and performs better than the “Snapdragon 800 SoC”. Moreover LeEco said that the 652 even out performs the Snapdragon 808.
The smartphone powered by a non-removable 3000mAh battery and has 32GB internal memory, which is non expandable.
It is a very low possibility that connectivity goes, because, the smartphone supports 4G LTE and 3G bands with a dual SIM setup – micro SIM and nano. There is Wi-Fi 802.11, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS and USB 2.0 Type C port as other connectivity options.
Cameras of LeEco Le 2 smartphone
- Rear Camera: – 16MP
- Front face camera: – 8MP
- The 16MP rear camera is a capable shooter, it quickly focuses the object and results in decent output. The camera performance in low-light is decent, but does not match the likes of Xiaomi Redmi Note 3.
Besides, the 8MP front camera is able enough to make you look good in selfies or during video calling.
Battery Life of LeEco Le 2 smartphone
- 3,000mAh battery unit that powers the Le 2.
- Besides gaming and video playback, we also noticed that the camera usage takes a toll on battery backup, especially when you are shooting video.
- The absence of a memory card slot.
- There is no dedicated 3.5 mm headphone jack.
- The heating problem which is under normal gaming
- The 3000 mAh battery is not replaceable.
- The absence of NFC (Near Field Communication).
- Massive large 5.5 inch Full HD display.
- LeEco Le 2 pros is the processor, powered by a 1.8 GHz Octa-core snapdragon 652 which is a 64 bit chipset.
- It is coupled with 3 GB of RAM.
- LeEco Le 2 advantage is the primary camera can record videos is slow motion.
- Fingerprint sensor which is very quick in responding.
- It has a USB Type-C reversible connector.
- The internal memory is “32 GB”.
- It has an infrared sensor for wireless control of TV and AC etc.